ONCE a year, the world’s most influential thinkers, entrepreneurs, and innovators gather in Queensland for Myriad, Australia’s premier technology and innovation event.
Myriad is a celebration of creativity and innovation, bringing some of the world’s greatest thought leaders to Queensland, and showcasing local innovators.
This year’s event, from 16–18 May, 2018 in Brisbane, will run across seven themes that will explore the future of food, health, culture, play, work, cities, and money,
Myriad is a fantastic opportunity for Australian startups, innovators, and entrepreneurs to come and enjoy all Queensland has to offer, while connecting with some of the worlds’ innovation thought leaders.
Myriad 2018 is presented in strategic partnership with the Queensland Government’s Advance Queensland initiative.
Regional Innovation Showcase at Myriad 2018
The Advancing Regional Innovation Program (ARIP) has funded more than 100 innovative business leaders from regional Queensland to attend Myriad 2018.
The delegates have been supported to attend and showcase in their region at this year’s festival.
Up to ten delegates from each of the 12 ARIP Regions have been selected to participate in the Regional Innovation Showcase.
Myriad Festival 2017
Silicon Valley, London, Tokyo and now Queensland! The attention of some of the world’s most innovative minds all focussed on Queensland in March, 2017 for the southern hemisphere’s inaugural Myriad festival.
Featuring a world class line up of speakers and entertainment, entrepreneurs, investors, business owners, tech-lovers, and innovators Myriad 2017 filled the Brisbane Powerhouse with ideas and innovation for two and a half days.
Breaking it down, Myriad 2017 in numbers:
- 3300 total audience participation (including satellite events)
- 46% of ticket holders were associated with the startup sector
- 56% are decision makers within their business
- 11% attendees from interstate (highest percentage from NSW), 3% international, 86% Queensland
- The highest motivations for attending were for networking and professional development opportunities
- The average number of new contacts made during Myriad was 8.9
- 164 exhibitors
- 149 speakers (33 interstate, 49 interstate, 53 local, 14 regional), 22 facilitators, 98 sessions
- 1000 high school and university students participated in Myriad High program