Leading scanner manufacturer Fujitsu has announced the launch of the fi-7300NX.
An innovative image scanner that connects directly to client systems, the fi-7300NX is the newest image scanner solution for business use in the age of digital transformation.
In recent years, new developments in the IT industry have caused a dramatic shift from PC-based systems to environments using smart devices and thin clients. Business applications have also seen transitions from client-server model applications to those utilizing the web, smart devices, cloud, and Robotic Process Automation. With increasing demand for products to adapt to such trends, “We are introducing a solution that adapts with flexibility to each organization’s unique IT infrastructure to enable more efficient and productive capture environments resulting in simpler installation and operational cost savings,” said Chief Executive Officer and President, Yasunari Shimizu, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.*1
Seamless integration into business systems
Users can begin scanning from the scanner’s touch screen or from various applications on smart devices to suit all business needs. SDK utilization allows direct data transfer to client-unique web systems, authentication, and scan requests. Strong data encryption also enables constantly secure data transfer.
- Scan without the computerWith the fi-7300NX, users can now scan and save documents without any requirement for a local computer. Users simply login to the scanner using NFC*2 authentication and select from their personalized job menus on the fi-7300NX’s touch screen. Customized job menus are displayed with user authentication, and ensure efficient and secure decentralized data capture is possible for each user.
- Scan from your smart device to any business platform*3Deploying the fi-7300NX with Fujitsu’s new PaperStream NX Manager server software option allows users to scan from mobile or web applications opened up on smart devices or thin client terminals. Seamless integration into client systems enables the use of a variety of devices for scanning operations.
- 3 types of SDK to suit user environmentsThe PaperStream NX Manager SDK is provided to enable integration with various client systems and applications. The fi-7300NX will support a variety of partner integrations to enable seamless process workflow. Three types of SDK are offered: a REST API for web application development, Authentication API for validating credentials by NFC or authentication server, and a Connector API that links PaperStream NX Manager with other enterprise systems and document management software.
Reduce operating costs with centralized management
The user authentication function, customized job menus for each user, and other scan settings can all be centrally managed with PaperStream NX Manager and Scanner Central Admin. With the fi-7300NX’s server software, there is no need for a conventional single client computer to control the scanner. This reduces the total burden on IT professions for installation, expansion, operation, and management.
- Manage jobs and process images with PaperStream NX ManagerPaperStream NX Manager carries out user authentication, job management, image processing of scanned data, and data output for the fi-7300NX. PaperStream NX Manager allows automatic sharing of authentication methods and job settings to up to 1,000 fi-7300NX scanners.
- Monitor scanner operation with Scanner Central AdminScanner Central Admin specializes in centralized management of multiple scanners, including batch updates of scanner settings and firmware, as well as monitoring of errors and consumables status on up to 1,000 scanners per server.
- Consistent, high-speed scanningInheriting the fi Series legacy of high-speed, consistent paper feeding, the fi-7300NX boasts a speed of 60 ppm/120 ipm for letter size documents*4. Documents folded in half and carbon-copy sales slips are also easy to scan with Manual Feed Mode. As the first standalone scanner in the industry*5 to support Wi-Fi in the 5 GHz bandwidth*6, the fi-7300NX reduces data transfer time.
- Intuitive 4.3 inch touch screen for easy control and scan verificationThe touch screen enables users to intuitively perform operations such as scanning and verifying data as thumbnails. The screen also displays messages or instructions with illustrations to provide guidance to users.
- Put it anywhere with Wi-Fi flexibilityThe fi-7300NX introduces PaperStream IP Net, the PaperStream IP scanner driver for Fujitsu image scanners with network connectivity. Connection without the USB cable allows the scanner to be positioned wherever needed, to improve user productivity, reduce interruptions, and make more room for other used equipment. Both advanced driver and software, PaperStream IP and PaperStream Capture, enable users to fully enjoy simple scanning operations and high quality images.
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu fi-7300NX available now through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies, Inc., and Tech Data Corporation. Fujitsu has priced the fi-7300NX scanner at $1,395 list price.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 140,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu document imaging, visit us.fujitsu.com/fcpa.
Product names and company names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
- Installation requires tools such as fi-7300NX Rollout Tool, Network Setup Tool for fi-7300NX, and Scanner Central Admin.
- NFC authentication includes Type-A and Type-B. User authentication with username and password input on the touch screen is also available.
- Integration required for mobile device scanning.
- A4 size documents fed in vertically, 200/300 dpi.
- Based on a 2018 study by PFU Limited on scanners with Wi-Fi connectivity.
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi availability may vary across regions.
Contact: Gabrielle Kur, 516-567-3036, email@example.com