How to submit a press release
A press release is a great way to get information about your company, product or event out into the world at large.
The Manufacturer PR Service is a platform for people to upload their press releases to, accessible by the media, independent journalists, and the general public.
In this article, we outline the step-by-step process to upload a press release on The Manufacturer PR Service.
Sign-up to The Manufacturer PR Service
- Click on the “Register” button at the top right of the homepage.
- Enter your details and click “Register a New Account”.
Upload a press release
Once you have signed-up for an account with The Manufacturer PR Service, you can upload a press release. It’s best to read our style guide first, to ensure your article adheres to the format used on the site. Once you have done this, it’s time to upload your press release! To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Upload” button at the top right of your screen.
- You will be prompted to select either “Article”, “Video” or “Image”. Select which kind of press release you wish to submit. Remember, you can embed images and videos into an “Article” press release.
Uploading your content
To upload your content, follow these steps:
- Enter the title of your press release
- Select the topic that is best-suited to your press release
- Copy the body text of your press release into the “Article/Description” section, ensuring to adhere to the format set by the style guide (first word of the press release capitalised, first sentence bolded, etc.)
- Click on the “Browse” button to upload an image for your press release. Make sure you own the rights to the image. If you don’t have an image to use, there are multiple site available that have images free for commercial use that you can use. Examples of these sites include Pexels and PixaBay. Write a caption for your image and include attribution for the image.
- If you are uploading an article or image, you can upload additional images and files if your press release requires them.
- If you are uploading a video, paste your Youtube or Vimeo link in the field provided.
- Complete the confirm and consent boxes.
- Select the payment option you wish to use. We currently accept Credit Card or PayPal.
- Enter your company’s details and coupon code (if you have one).
- Click “Save Changes”. This will take you to a new page, stating your press release has been successfully uploaded.
- You will receive email confirmation of your upload and a copy of your invoice. You will also be able to access your receipt on the Orders tab of your profile page.